Sunday, January 17, 2010

Exciting News

I sure hope you are enjoying this blog because I am like a kid with a new toy. There are so many things that I want to share. People I want to advocate for, sites that I want to share, books I want to encourage you to read and even questions that I want to ask you. I have a list of ideas! But on to the purpose of this post...

As I've mentioned in my previous 2 posts, I will share some things the LORD is doing in our lives and I want to start with a very exciting one. As our family studied scriptures together over the past year, we were curious as to what God says about our responsibility to the orphan. We discovered that everyone is called to care for them in some way so we knew we had to find out what that looked like for us. After much prayer and many discussions (more than my husband ever wanted to have) we were given our answer. God has called our family to adopt and we could not be more excited. Scared? Absolutely, but completely filled with joy!

So, the big questions are: when and from where. We can apply as soon as our baby is 6 months old, which will be spring. And we were very excited to find out that we are eligible to adopt from Ethiopia. Believe it or not, most countries are not willing to give their orphans to families as large as ours. Seriously? I mean if you have 7 kids wouldn't that indicate that you love caring for children? Oh well, guess they have logical concerns. However, God had already broken my heart for the people of Africa, so our eligibility there is a blessing. I can't wait to step on their soil and love on their orphans.

I will keep you posted on the details as we begin the process. For now, please pray for our family as we continue our wait.



No comments:

Post a Comment