Thursday, August 25, 2011

Don't wait.... get "kisses" now!


I know I have promised all kinds of pictures and follow up stories but folks..... it's crazy busy around here. School has started, Shawn and I joined a new leadership team at church that we are super excited about, we are knee deep in non-profit preparations and planning a conference. All while trying to do the normal everyday things like laundry, cooking, cleaning, chasing littles, reading, and playing. It's wild, but oh so fun!

I've had to prune some things from my plate lately in order to keep my priorities straight and my time on the computer is limited. Most of the time I spend on the computer is doing research for the orphan care conference we are planning for next March. I haven't shared many details on that yet.... but I will very soon.

Anyhow, if you've been reading "Our Lives" for a while, then you know we are big fans of Katie Davis. She is Maggie's hero and I can totally see my sweet Mag's living in Africa when she grows up and being a mommy to a dozen or more brown babies.
Well, guess what Katie has done now... she has written her own book. I can't wait to get it in my hands. Actually, my sweet friends Lynsey and Kari pre-ordered it for me for my birthday.
I have a feeling this will be one that as soon as it comes in the mail, it will be fend for yourself around this house for a couple days. Yes, it will be that good!
If you want to pre-order you can do that HERE!!!! Thanks L & K for my birthday present..... you always know what I like :)

Kisses from Katie will be released in October. I encourage you to order your copy and plan to be inspired by one of the most courageous, orphan loving sisters I know.

Well, that's all for tonight..... I will get those promised pictures posted soon.
(I hope;)

1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome story!! I just read all about her the last few days and love Katie's faith and heart for these kids!! I'm sure you know she will be speaking at Brookhills Oct 16th! I am definitely going! Nick Boyd and Marlene will be sharing that morning at our church(CCC) about their new ministry in Africa! So this day will be a fun day!! :) I am truly blessed to have met all of you and look forward to advancing the Kingdom with yall! Glory to God!! see yall soon!

    ReplyDelete