Monday, May 10, 2010

Rallying the Troops and a NEW Book You MUST Read!!!

I hope all you mommas had a great Mother's Day. Mine was wonderful.... Not only do I feel so blessed to be a mom but what a blessing that I still get to celebrate with my mother and my mother-in-law. They are both so special to us, and this family keeps them very busy (and very tired a lot of the time). Thanks to Grammy and Nanny for all that they are to our family.

On to my first topic...... Rally the Troops!!! We have another young mom in desperate need. I don't know this young lady personally but I sure hope I get to meet her very soon. Here's what I do know. She is single and raising a 1 year old little girl. She recently found out she is expecting a baby boy in late summer or early fall. From what I understand... she doesn't even have what she needs for her baby girl let alone the new baby about to be born. This time, I don't have a list of things we need but if you are a momma (or even if you are not) you know the kinds of things that all little ones need to be comfortable, safe and happy. If you have things you could share or would like to purchase something for these children, that would be wonderful. Please let me know either by e-mail at pollybice@aol.com or just comment on this post and I will make arrangements to pick your stuff up. Thank you all for always stepping up to love and support these ladies. When they see your love for them... they are seeing God's love for them.

Last of all.... You MUST read THIS!
Radical | A book by David Platt

I could go on forever about how life changing this book is but please don't take my word for it. Check out the video on this website (scroll down to the bottom of the page) and then order the book for yourself. You will never be the same again!!!!! Stop my music at the bottom of my blog so you can hear the video. I've read the book and I'm still watching the video.

BTW... if you've already read this or are in the process, and I know many of you are.... give it a shout out in my comments.

Blessings to you all!


4 comments:

  1. whew, i expected it to be intense from David Platt, but ummmm, my heart is pounding.. Makes me cry to see my selfishness exposed.. Take my selfishness God and fill me with your strength to live out obedience.. Thank you for your post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing DeDe. I know many are reading this book and I sure wish they would use this tool to encourage others to read it as well. Just too good to miss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Polly,
    I was wondering what agency you are using. We have also been inspired by Lucy Lane's Gotcha Day video to adopt from Ethiopia. I am five months pregnant right now, so we will have to wait like your family did before we can start the adoption process. My email is knmraboin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in the middle of it and if you can read it and be unchanged, I have NO IDEA how!! We are in the process of adopting thru China's special needs program..can't wait to follow your journey:)
    Jennifer
    www.oursweetleap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete