Friday, October 22, 2010

A Great Book & an Inspiring Movie

I just finished a really good book and last night we watched a sweet family movie. I love to read, and when I heard about this book I knew I wanted it.ref=sib_dp_pt.jpg
Here is the link to read more about the book and/or purchase a copy of it.

It was similar to other books that many of us have been challenged by lately, but I don't think we can ever get too much. Here is one of my favorite quotes.
"None of us can help everyone. But all of us can help someone. And when we help them, we serve Jesus. Who would want to miss a chance to do that?" I love that because I think it's easy for us to go, "there is so much need in our world, I can't do nearly enough to matter". Yet, when we think of every little opportunity to serve someone as being a chance to serve Jesus; that should change our perspective. He's not asking us to save the world, just to serve someone in need. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

And if you are looking for a really sweet, "Christian" movie for the whole family to watch.... you might enjoy this:

tt1070858.jpg


We watched it as a family and my kids have already watched it again. You can view the trailer at THIS SITE. With all of the bullying I'm hearing about going on in schools right now, this should encourage our kids to pray for bullies and approach them the way Jesus would. Sweet movie..... hope you get a chance to see it.

Well, we are getting ready for a "1st" birthday party around our house. Tomorrow we will have some pumpkin painting going on as we celebrate baby Cash turning ONE. It's been a busy day! I will share pictures from the party in a day or two.

Hope everyone has a fun "fall" week-end!



No comments:

Post a Comment