Friday, May 27, 2011

Babyshower time again!!!


It's almost time for Expecting a Blessing's next baby shower. I am so excited about it because God has truly blessed this ministry and this will be the largest shower we've ever had. For those of you who aren't familiar with this ministry, let me explain. We meet every other week at a local rehabilitation/transition center with a group of precious expectant mommies. Our purpose is to encourage and provide support for these moms and their unborn babies.

In the past our baby showers have been rather small because we could only afford to provide cake and refreshments for the girls in the ministry plus a friend or two. I dreamed of having a huge shower where all 300 plus ladies living at the transition home would be invited. Well, my sweet friends at Graces Kitchen heard about that dream and guess what.... they are making it happen! We are so happy to have Grace's Kitchen partnering with us in June to provide cake and refreshments for everyone. If you are not familiar with their ministry, please check them out HERE! You will not believe the many ways they are feeding hungry souls. Expecting a Blessing is also being "adopted" by the non-profit organization that Shawn and I, along with our friends the Fryes are preparing to launch in the next few months. All this to say, lots of "blessings" are being poured out on Expecting a Blessing. God is so GOOD!

I know this sounds so cliche in ministry but it is the truth. Over the past year of being involved with Expecting a Blessing, I have been more blessed than anyone we have served. I just love being with these girls. I love doing life with them. I love it when they text or call me just "to talk". I love how transparent they are and how desperately they are seeking Jesus. When I'm with these friends, I'm reminded of how jealous God is for us. He will stop at nothing to get US! And these girlfriends are proof of HIS jealous heart. Can you tell I'm sorta crazy about them? : ) And then they give birth to their sweet babies and that's just icing on the cake. Y'all know I love to get my hands on a baby!

Anyway, the main reason for this post is to ask for your help. At the baby shower each mom will receive a basket filled with lots of baby goodies that she will need as soon as she gives birth. We will be providing about ten baskets this time, so that adds up to a lot of stuff! If anyone is interested in donating a few items, below is a list of things to choose from.

-The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd Jones
-sleepers
-onesies
-receiving blankets
-socks
-burp cloths
-bottles
-diapers
-wipes
-bibs
-washcloths
-hooded towels
-newborn outfits

We do ask that all items be new and also be newborn in size. You are welcome to donate boy, girl or unisex clothing.

If you have questions or would like to serve these ladies and their babies by providing some of these essentials, please email me at pollybice@aol.com.

Here is a few pictures from our last shower.



Now for some major cuteness! Our latest little delivery was an adorable set of boy/girl twins. Here is a picture of them when they were just a couple days old in the hospital.

I am so thankful that I get to be part of these sweet babies lives and journey through motherhood with their mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment