Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sweet Gifts for Esther!!!!


Do you remember the post I did HERE as an update to our fundraising? In that post I mentioned that my friends, Jana and Candi hosted a 31 Party to raise money for our adoption. Well, I was so excited when I saw what else they did for Esther. Instead of ordering gifts for themselves as their "hostess gifts", they gave them to Esther. She has a pretty nice little wardrobe so far, a few headbands, a pair of shoes and now she has THESE......
These are her first monogramed items. A hooded towel and back pack with her name on them, and a tote with the letter "E". This little back pack will be making a trip to Ethiopia soon.

Candy and Jana... thank you both so much!

When I pulled these out of the bag, the tears started rolling. I just want to cling to anything that makes me feel closer to our little girl. I can picture her little dark skin wrapped up in this towel. We still have quiet a wait ahead of us, but we find peace in knowing that everyday, we are one day closer to Esther.

Stay tuned for beach pictures coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. from one Esther to another, Love it. Seriously, Polly. There was PRECIOUS little with my name monogrammed on it when I was little and what there WAS I found really sacred. Well done, Mama! Love it :) And so will she!
    xoxo
    Esty ("Esther') ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these sweet little gifts for Esther!!! And I can't wait to see beach pics! :)

    ReplyDelete