Thursday, November 25, 2010

147 Million minus ONE! We are so thankful!


Today has been one of the greatest Thanksgivings for our family. We have so much to be thankful for that I'm overwhelmed as I reflect on my life this past year .... God is amazing and because of Him, my family is blessed today. Our day included spending sweet time with many of the blessings in our lives such as grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters and cousins. In particular, it was wonderful for my family to have a couple of new members this year. I will soon have a new sister-in-law and niece and we are crazy about them both. This is our first holiday season to have them in the family and we could not be happier. I hope she's still willing to marry my brother after spending the evening with my wild bunch of kids : )

It was a great day but our Thanksgiving celebration started a day early this year. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law decided only a few short weeks ago that the time was right for them to adopt. They had considered it in the past but like most hubbies, my bro-in-law was a bit skeptical. After lots of prayer, he knew it was God's plan for their family. They have 4 boys so obviously they were ready for some pink in their house. They felt led to South Korea's waiting baby girls. They were a bit discouraged when their agency told them it was rare to find infant girls with minor medical issues in South Korea. However, they felt strongly that this was where God was leading them. With in a few days of hearing this news guess what shows up on their agency's photo-listing?.... you guessed it.... a sweet baby girl, 6 months old from South Korea with minor medical issues. Long story short, Brandon and Sonia accepted her referral along with 2 other families and went before a committee to decide who this baby girl's new family would be. The day before Thanksgiving the agency made a decision.....

Introducing Daria's new family.........


Do you think she will be rotten or what?: ) I wish I could share her picture but it will be a few more weeks before we have permission to do that. She is beautiful and to say we are excited would be an understatement. On this Thanksgiving night, there is ONE LESS orphan in the world. She may not be in our arms but she is definitely in our hearts. The world may still define her as an orphan but she has a mommy and daddy half way around the world preparing to blaze a trail straight to her. Please join our family in praying her home.

Thank you Jesus for loving me so much. My cup runneth over! (actually, my wagon runneth over)

'til there's no more!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Polly!! This is wonderful news!! I actually know one of the other families that was before the committee for this same baby girl! It is so comforting to know that she is going to such a precious family!! What a beautiful Thanksgiving blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison... that is crazy... I can't believe that. My heart was sad for the other families. We are very thankful that she is ours but I will continue to pray for the other families especially now that you have shared this. I know God has other babies waiting for those families too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are awaiting our referral from South Korea--wonderful to hear stories of families finding their children. (Our blog is minus 1 project 147 million orphans minus one!--great post title!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is AAAAMMMAZZINNG!!!! I am so excited for them!!! Cannot wait for them to go get her!!!

    ReplyDelete